If you need to apply for a short-stay visa :
For security reasons, all applicants, except children under the age of 6, have to appear personally. You will have to make an appointment first
Please bear in mind that applications cannot be processed more than 3 months before your departure date.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR A SHORT STAY VISA
We would like to remind all visa applicants that each file must be presented in exact duplicate (original of each document with their photocopies, as listed on the website)
- Original passport in good condition or travel document (+ ONE PHOTOCOPY of the identity pages). Your passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago, be valid for at least three months after you the planned stay and have at least 2 blank visas pages left.
- two application forms filled out completely and signed by the applicant (please read the explanations carefully).
- One passport size photo on a white background with no glasses and no hat and please do not smile
- A residence permit
These documents must be valid for at least three months after your planned stay.
- Proof of socio-professional status :
letter of employment confirming your salary, hire date, position and dates of vacation (business registration if self employed)
and your last 3 paystubs (unless downloaded, please bring a photocopy)
or letter from your school or university confirming your enrollment status, attendance and expected graduation date
For a business trip: please present a letter from your employer or University
regarding the purpose of your trip and an official invitation from your hosting company in France
- Proof of financial means :
your last 3 bank statements (unless downloaded, please bring a photocopy) Your bank statements must show your name and address.
If you are self employed, you must bring your tax return from the previous year or proof of previous economic activity and income for last year
If you are retired : you must provide your pension benefits letter or a letter of previous employer
- Proof of travel arrangements : flight (roundtrip) travel reservations or other proof of intended transportation and full itinerary (if several Schengen States will be visited OR if the trip covers several Schengen States and non-Schengen countries). We recommend you do not purchase your airline ticket until you get your visa.
- Proof of travel medical insurance showing valid worldwide coverage for accident/sickness emergencies and repatriation/evacuation with NO deductible.
- Proof of accomodation :
Confirmed hotel reservations for your entire stay in the Schengen states
or, if you are staying with friends or family, original of "Attestation d’Accueil" that your host has to request at the City Hall (Mairie) in France
The consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant.
Please be aware that submitting the aforementioned documents does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
Please note that holders of Schengen visas are still subject to immigration control upon first entry into a Schengen country. The visa itself does not grant the right to enter the Schengen space.