Do I need a visa for the French Territorial Overseas Communities (CTOM) (ordinary passport) ?

CTOM are : Saint Pierre and Miquelon, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna, Mayotte, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Martin.

Short stay

The short stay is a stay in CTOM for a continuous or discontinuous period of 90 days or less per six-month period. For certain nationalities, the length of a stay without a visa may be limited to 30 days.

The following persons with a regular passport valid at least more than 6 months after the departure are visa-exempted :

- Holders of a currently valid residency document or of a long-stay visa for France ;

- Holders of a valid residency document issued by country applying the Schengen agreements : you must travel with your valid residency document and your valid passport issued within the past 10 years ;

- Citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland + Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, the United States, Uruguay , Venezuela ;

- Holders of a biometric passport from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro and Serbia ;

Facilitation for cruise ship passengers : besides the categories of foreigners that are already visa-exempt, cruise ship passengers meeting the following criteria may enter without an overseas visa during their stopover :

  • holders of a currently valid Schengen visa issued by France ;
  • holders of a currently valid residency document issued by a member state of the European Union, the European Economic Area or by Switzerland, Andorra or Monaco ;
  • holders of a currently valid residency document issued by Canada, Japan or the United States of America.

If your country does not appear above, you will need a visa.

Long stay

Only nationals from the following countries are exempted from long-term entry visas : members of the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, Monaco and Andorra.

If you are required to have a visa, you must apply for the long-stay visa that best corresponds to your particular situation (See list and specific requirements for residence in the C.T.O.M.).

Dernière modification : 18/06/2015

top of the page